The District Award of Merit is available to Scouters who render service of an outstanding nature at the district level. The award is made available annually on the basis of 1 for each 25 traditional units or fraction thereof. The district need not present all the awards to which it is entitled each year. It is not appropriate to nominate a Scouter who has already received this award. A professional Scouter or other council employee may not receive this award based on employment service. However, a professional Scouter or employee who also serves as a volunteer Scouter may be eligible, based on volunteer service.
- A nominee must be a registered Scouter.
- A nominee must have rendered noteworthy service to youth in Scouting, outside Scouting, or both. Note: The nature and value of “noteworthy service to youth” may consist of a single plan or decisions that contributed vitally to the lives of large numbers of youth or it may have been given to a small group over an extended period of time.
- Consideration must be given to the nominee’s Scouting position and the corresponding opportunity to render outstanding service beyond the expectations of that Scouting position.
- The nominee’s attitude toward and cooperation with the district and/or council is to be taken into consideration.
- Nominations cannot be considered for posthumous awards.
- Annually, district chairmen will appoint a temporary special District Award of Merit committee of not more than five persons who will consider all candidates and make recommendations of those to receive the award to the council through the Scout executive.
- The Scout executive will inform the district chairman of those nominations approved by the council committee.
HOW TO SUBMIT A NOMINATION
Download and complete the nomination form found here.
Submit nominations by email to Matthew Mower at email@example.com or by mail to:
Matthew Mower Casco Bay District Executive Pine Tree Council, BSA 146 Plains Rd. Raymond, ME 04071